My Life (Or Something Like It)

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas is Coming, and Mommy's Getting Fat...

Hehe, I'm actually not gaining any weight, but I just thought that sounded funny. And I could stand to tone up :oP Anyway, time keeps on ticking away...

Your baby boy, Matthew, is 29 weeks (Approximately 6.8 months) old now.
Your baby is eager for some more sophisticated ways of socializing these days. He or she loves to play peek-a-boo and trying to find an object that you've hidden under a blanket. A potentially messy, but ultimately fun and interesting, activity for your baby is playing with cooked spaghetti. The slippery, sticky, mushy consistency may provide oodles of noodle fun!
Encourage your baby's language skills by speaking slowly and clearly and imitating what he or she is trying to say. When he or she says "ba ba ba," say it back to him or her in a different tone of voice. Listen as he or she tries to imitate your inflection. He or she will probably start "talking" when everyone else in the room is talking - a sign he or she is getting the idea of conversation.
If your baby has been looking at the same toys or crib mobile for several months, now is a good time to change the scenery. Choose items with bright colors and big shapes, or one that makes noise. And now that your baby is starting to pull themselves into a sitting position, be sure to remove any low-hanging mobiles or wall hangings that he or she may be able to reach.

Matthew is still working on language skills - he vocalizes quite a bit and has started squealing again. He had lost interest in that for a while, but seemed to discover it again when I was tickling him last night :o) He has also started laughing at Mommy and Daddys' crazy antics a little more. Yesterday he found my half-empty container of Tums (left over from pregnancy!) to be particularly hilarious. He would shake it to make noise, I would look shocked and say "oh geez!" and he would laugh his head off. It's so funny what babies find amusing sometimes! Over the past weekend, he also finally perfected the back to tummy roll. And now you just can't stop him! I actually found him asleep in his crib on his stomach (and sideways) for the first time Monday morning. He can also move himself in a circle - won't be long before he figures out how to get across a room! He started eating baby food containing meat 2 days ago. Last night he had carrots and beef, which he absolutely loved! I couldn't seem to shovel the food in fast enough. Are you going to be a meat and potatoes boy, buddy? :o) Anyway, he's getting bigger and smarter every day. And smoochier! His kisses actually hurt, since to kiss he grabs ahold of either your cheeks or hair (either one can be quite painful) pulls you down to his wide open mouth, and proceeds to slobber all over your cheek! I don't mind, though, to be honest. I'm a sucker for Matthew kisses! I'll take them while I can get them :o)

Well, in case I don't post again this week (which is entirely possible), I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I know that my husband and I certainly have a lot to be thankful for this Christmas. And we are going to have a wonderful time helping Matthew to open his presents. Even if he will like the wrapping paper better than what's inside!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home