My Life (Or Something Like It)

Friday, February 04, 2005

Smell that Country Air

Friday!! Yes, I am going to cheer on this blog each and every time Friday rolls around. I live for weekends, really and truly.

I noticed on the weather channel this morning (I always have to check out the local forecast before I leave the apartment) that we had a dense fog advisory. A lot of schools in the area have been on 2 hour delays for the last few days because of fog. It has something to do with the fact that we have had no wind or precipitation to speak of this week, so the air is very stagnant and the quality is at the unhealthy level. I had yet to see any actual fog until this morning, though. It was really bad in spots...couldn't see the stoplights until you were right under them, almost! I live very close to the downtown area of South Bend, but I work on the western edge, where there are a lot of fields and I-80. All I could smell when I got out of my car was diesal fuel. Reminded me of downtown Chicago (the biggest city that I have ever been in, sadly) or something. It's supposed to rain on Sunday, so we'll see if things start to look a little clearer and smell a little better then.

Has anyone been reading Cathy (the comic strip) lately? She and Irving are finally getting hitched! I've enjoyed watching the preparations and reflecting back on my own wedding last year. I also start to think about Spiffy Tiffy's wedding coming up this year. I'm a bridesmaid, and so excited because my own wedding is the only one that I've actually ever been in. I might have to lose a few pounds so that I don't look quite so stuffed into my cute strapless red dress, but that's ok!

Anyway, back to work. I have been alphabatizing MSDSs (if you don't know what those are, consider yourself lucky) for ages, and I'm finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Once I get them all organized, we're going to scan them and put them on our company server. All 1100 of them! I have a headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home