My Life (Or Something Like It)

Monday, February 25, 2008

Just a Quick Update

It's been a while again (although not nearly as long as last time I went MIA), so I thought I'd at least do a brief update on my life! The pregnancy is still going well. I am now 28 weeks, 5 days pregnant, which actually equals out to somewhere between 6-6.5 months. It seems, however, that I am more like 10 months pregnant. I'm getting bigger faster this time around (although I haven't gained quite as much weight, oddly enough) and I'm already getting little kicks/punches to the lower ribs. My pelvis sometimes feels close to normal and other times as if someone has been pounding on my pubic bone/hip bones with a hammer. Some nights I sleep wonderfully, most nights I have a bit of trouble, some nights I want to cry because I'm so tired and yet can't get comfortable enough to fall/stay asleep. I think this 2nd pregnancy is taking a little bit more of a toll on me, but I wouldn't swear to it because I honestly can't remember the little details about my last pregnancy. It was 2 years ago, afterall, and we mothers are programmed to forget lest we never do it again and therefore doom the human race to extinction! :o)

Matthew is doing well. He's almost 21 months old - very close to turning 2! He's become rather fascinated with ducks here recently, along with Tigger & Pooh and, to a lesser extent, Mickey Mouse. He's also been backsliding on his potty-training. As people who have actually read this blog before might remember, we started very early with him. He was pooping in the potty more often than in his diaper at 13 months. Now, however, my husband and I are changing more poopy diapers than we'd like. Matthew gets that he's supposed to poop in the potty, but he just doesn't seem to realize that he has to let us know when he has to go potty in order for us to get him there! He'll poop in his diaper and give no indication that he has done so until we start to smell it. Then when we ask him if he pooped in his diaper he'll say "no no, mad!" which is what he always says when he does something that he knows he's not supposed to do. I suppose it all means that he's just not quite ready to be completely potty-trained, but it sure is frustrating! Especially when we're going to have another butt to diaper in less than 3 months now. Oh well - guess we pretty much knew what we were getting into this time, so we can't (or shouldn't!) complain :o)

That's about it for now! I'll check in again later. Maybe even with a pregnant belly shot (oh boy for you!) and an updated picture of Matthew. He's quite the handsome little devil, in my not so humble opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home