My Life (Or Something Like It)

Monday, February 07, 2005

Here we go Again

Ahhh, Monday morning. Just smell that coffee brewing across the building. I very rarely drink coffee on the weekends, though I do have one of those little 4-cup coffee makers at home, but as soon as I walk into work in the mornings I always head right for the coffee pot. Seems necessary, somehow.

My weekend went pretty well. On Saturday night, my husband and I went out with some people to a comedy club called "The Funnybone." They had some hilarious comedians performing, and I drank way too much beer, so it was a fun time. I had a headache all day yesterday, but it was worth it.

Yesterday morning I was getting out of the shower when my husband came in and announced that his parents had just called, and they were going to be stopping by in about an hour and a half. Yikes! We immediately began to clean like we were obsessive compulsive, and I have to say that the place looked pretty nice by the time the in-laws showed up. They stayed for only a short time...his father was on his way to Detroit for business. We went out to Logan's for lunch, which was excellent. I have a thing for their rolls.

I got my grocery shopping done as well, yesterday. I always have a great sense of achievement when I unload everything and have a full refrigerator again! I waited for the Super Bowl to kick-off before I left...a genius idea on my part. I've never gotten through the store faster! I was home before the second quarter started so I watched that, the half-time show, the third quarter, and then I fell asleep. I woke up briefly to find out who won, and caught them naming the MVP. Then, since I really don't give a rat's hind-quarters about New England or Philly, I went back to sleep. I was woken up briefly, again, by the sound of one of the cats puking in the hall (we have 2, Toby and Tucker), but decided that I would take care of it in the morning. So, it was truly a fitting start for a Monday.

Ok, well back to work again! My coffee is getting cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home