My Life (Or Something Like It)

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

12 Weeks!

Well, Matthew is 12 weeks old today...almost 3 months! Such a big boy. I have more pictures that I'll have to post later - my husband tried to send them to me at work but they didn't make it for some reason, so I'll have to ask him to send them again later this morning or afternoon. I DO have my newsletter, though, so don't worry!

Your baby boy, Matthew, is 12 weeks (Approximately 2.8 months) old now.
This week you may notice that your baby spends a lot more time watching what's going on around him or her and is becoming increasingly social. He or she will flash that gummy grin at any and everyone, and show interest in colorful toys that make noise. Baby gyms with mats offer a comfortable place for overhead play as well as tummy time and will provide lots of entertainment and opportunities to explore and learn.
Your baby is probably pushing up on his or her arms regularly while lying on his or her tummy. Her or his legs are getting stronger too; if you pull him or her up to a supported standing position he or she may be able to put some weight on both legs.
The moment you've been waiting for is finally here: sleep! Somewhere around the age of three months, most babies begin sleeping for extended periods of time each night. In all honesty, you may be more excited about the sleeping than you are about any of the other milestones your baby reaches about now - it will give you the opportunity to get some much-needed rest! He or she is able to eat and store more food to get through the night, so he or she doesn't need to wake up for several meals. These stretches may last up to six hours! While you may not consider this "through the night," it's a vast improvement.


Well, Matthew is doing all of the above - smiling at just about anyone, pushing up on his arms during tummy time (when he's in a good enough mood - still hates being on his tummy), puts weight on his legs and occasionally sleeps through the night. Like last night! He wouldn't go to sleep until amost 11:00pm, but then he was out until I woke him up around 6:45am to eat. And yes, I wake him up to eat in the mornings because if he doesn't eat before I go to work then I would have to pump as soon as I got there. It would be annoying and not good for my milk supply :oP I have to pump 4 times a day (3X at work and once before I go to bed) just to get enough milk for the 3 bottles he takes while I'm gone. What a pain! But the benefits of breastfeeding are just to numerous to disregard for convenience's sake. So I do it :o)

Ok, well got to go. But I'll get the pictures up later (there's one of him in one of the outfits you got him, Spiffy!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home