My Life (Or Something Like It)

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Newsletter Madness!

Well, I am now getting a baby newsletter instead of a pregnancy newsletter. And I know how all of you enjoyed reading about what was going on with my body during pregnancy, so I'm sure that you will enjoy reading about Matthew's development! I'm being sarcastic, but hey. It's a way for the few of you who read my blog and know me to keep up with what Matthew's up to lately :o) Anyway, here's what the newsletter says this week:

Your baby boy, Matthew, is 10 weeks (Approximately 2.4 months) old now.
Your baby reaches an exciting milestone around week 10 as he or she begins to respond to his or her name. A sign of recognition may just be a widening of his or her eyes when he or she hears you say his or her name. This development can be exciting, but don't be surprised if it takes many more weeks before his or her response is consistent.
Your baby's eyesight is continuing to improve and he or she is now able to track an object with his or her eyes from one side to directly in front of his or her face. He or she may even continue following it all the way to the other side for a full 180 degrees. He or she is also able to pick your face out of a group by now. When he or she sees you, he or she will fixate on your face, his or her eyes will widen and shine, and he or she may wave his or her arms with excitement.
When your arms need a short break, or when your baby needs a little down-time, try placing your baby in an infant seat or swing. He or she is now strong enough to sit in this semi-reclined position, especially when propped with a small pillow or rolled receiving blanket. However, be sure these objects are not placed near his or her head where he or she could turn his or her face into them and suffocate. While his or her neck and back have grown significantly stronger in the past few weeks, his or her head is still wobbly, so continue to provide support.

I haven't noticed Matthew recognizing his name - I'll have to try this out when I get home today! He does track objects, but how far he'll track them depends on how interesting he thinks the object is! And he has loved being by himself for a while on his playmat or in his bouncy seat almost since he was a newborn, so we do this a few times a day. He still is fascinated with windows and overhead lights. And ceiling fans and pictures on the wall. Hard to tell what he'll find interesting these days!

Last night I finally got a few hours of sleep in a row - he'd been going through a phase lately where he would get up every 2-3 hours. Drove me nuts, especially since he had been only getting up once a night! Last night, though, I layed him down at 10:00pm, he got up at 1:30am to eat and then didn't get up again until almost 6:00am! I'm still tired, but not like I have been the last few days.

Ok, well I wrote another novel. See you all later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home