My Life (Or Something Like It)

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Donate, Donate, Donate!

I'm sure that you all know about Hurricane Katrina and the absolute mess it made down in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. Ok, absolute mess is an understatement. It completely destroyed life as we know it for millions of people. My boss has family down there that he still has not heard from, and I personally have an old friend that lives down there. I've heard through the grapevine that he is ok, but considering 80% of New Orleans is underwater, I'm sure that the same cannot be said for his home and the place where he works. So, here's a website that you can all go to and donate money!

http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/animal_environ/hurricanes/?source=YAHOO&cmpgn=NEWS

There are several charities that you can pick from...even some dedicated specifically to animals displaced by the hurricane (if that's your thing). I personally like to donate to the Red Cross, but that's my thing. Even if you think that the tiny donation you can afford to make won't matter, donate anyway. It's not like I can afford much, but every little bit helps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home