My Life (Or Something Like It)

Friday, July 29, 2005

I Heart Mommy and Daddy

Thank the kind, merciful Lord that it is finally Friday! I thought that if I had to listen to one more person bitch and moan at work about having to (gasp!) wear their safety glasses, I might have just gone off the deep end and backhanded someone right across the kisser. Next time you decide to complain to the safety manager at your particular place of work (if you have a safety manager) remember that they aren't usually the ones making the rules - they just have to enforce them. Blame the government - specifically the Occupational Health and Safety Administration, which is a part of the Department of Labor. Or, you could just realize that the rules are meant to help you live long enough to see your grandchildren and stop your whining. Your choice.

Anyway, this weekend is going to be good. Why? Because my mommy and daddy are coming to visit! Hubby and I only live about 2-2.5 hours away from them, but they have only come to visit once in the 15 months that we have lived here. And that was back in January. I know that they're usually pretty busy due to the fact that my Dad has been traveling a lot for work lately, and because my 2 little brothers are still teenagers living at home, but you'd think they could find a spare weekend here and there to visit their first-born! Oh well. They're only going to be in town on Sunday, but we have a good day planned. We're going to drive up to Saint Joseph, MI, which is about 40 minutes from where we live. It's right on Lake Michigan - we can go out on the pier and maybe go to some shops downtown. Then we'll come back to South Bend for dinner before they head home. I'm looking forward to their visit, even if it does mean that I have to scrub the toilet.

Well, that's about it I guess. Not much else going on. Everyone have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home