My Life (Or Something Like It)

Monday, May 22, 2006

Blah

Is how I feel. Actually, I'm doing better than I was earlier this morning. But I still feel kinda yucky. Just tired and achy, basically. So completely normal considering that I am 8.5 months pregnant, but it's still not fun. I wish time would go a little faster! I know I've been saying it for weeks, but I sure wish this baby would just get here, already. Anyway, oddly enough my newsletter arrived today (just as I was getting used to it on Tuesdays), so here is the latest:

This is day number 262 and you're 38 weeks pregnant!
You have 18 days or 2 weeks left, and are 95.0% of the way there.
Baby's age since conception is 248 days or 36 weeks. You are due on 6/9/2006.
You will probably feel exhausted for about 48 hours after you deliver. You may not even notice how tired you are at first because of your excitement, wonder, and joy over the life you have brought into the world; but your body will need to recuperate. Discuss with how you can politely excuse guests who may not realize that they have overstayed their visit. Don't be afraid to grant them a five-minute visit and then invite them back at another time. Everyone should be very understanding, provided you word it right.
Your baby weighs about 6.5 to 7 pounds and is approximately 21 inches in length. You have been full term for a week now, so you might want to start addressing those birth announcement envelopes while you still have your hands free. Your long wait will be over any time now.


Wow, 95% of the way there. And notice that it doesn't say a darn thing about what I might be experiencing now, but what I will feel like after labor. Guess there just isn't much to say that hasn't already been said! I'm tired, cranky, and my contractions are bothersome. I was having one every 30 minutes or so this morning, but now they're about once an hour. That's what usually happens. If they follow my normal pattern, later this afternoon they will spread out to one every 2 or 3 hours. One of these days, though, they are going to surprise me and start coming more and more frequently. And they're going to hurt like a SOB. And then I'll know - FINALLY! But until then I'll just wait, I guess. Not much else I can do :o) I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I'll give a report on whether or not I am progressing any further. I hope so - if I am still at 2cm dilated 50% effaced I will be a bit discouraged. At least let me have effaced some more! A little encouragement these days can go a long way.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Extra Ordinary Boy said…

    HEY!

    I kinda disappeared from online for a while...and just got a chance to catch up on your blog.

    Amazed to see you are SO close! Hope all is going well. If you have some free time (which you might in the weeks to come, lol) my e-mail is mcmillin@gmail.com and my AIM is StructureExpress.

    Take care and talk to you soon!

    --Matt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home