My Life (Or Something Like It)

Friday, May 13, 2005

Farewell, Bonnie!

Something exciting has happened! Well, exciting to me anyway. Last night my husband and I went out and bought a new car. It wasn't an impulse purchase - we (mostly he) had been looking online at different makes and models to see if there was any car that we could afford that he could fit into ( He is a large man - about 6'4'' and a whopping 360 pounds). Then we went out a few days ago and actually looked at some cars. Anyway, to make a long story short, we ended up getting a Hyundai Elantra. I always said that I would never buy a foreign car, but if you're financially challenged like us you almost have to. American cars are not the cheapest. Unless you get a small stick shift. But I can't drive a stick. Not the car variety, anyway.

So, it's exciting that I have a new car, but it's also a little sad. We traded in my Dodge Neon that I bought 6 years ago at the age of 19. I loved her very much and even named her - Bonnie Blue - after Rhett and Scarlett's baby in Gone With the Wind. Yes, it was a blue car. We had a lot of good times together, Bonnie and I, but I guess all good things must come to an end. I've named my new car in an effort to hasten the bonding process. She (my cars are always girls) is silver so I named her...wait for it...Belle. It was the best I could do.

Well, back to work I go. I have another hour or so, and then I'm leaving for Lafayette. My baby sister (I say baby, but she'll be 22 in a couple weeks) is graduating from Purdue tomorrow morning so I'm traveling down to celebrate with the family. She got a B.S. in 4 years! Mine took 5 1/2, but then again I changed my major like, 3 times. All's well that ends well, though. She'll be going on to Purdue's school of veterinary medicine for the next 4 years. Good luck to her - she'll probably need it.

Everyone have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home