My Life (Or Something Like It)

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Good and Bad Things About My Job

Tired, so tired. But what else is new?

In half an hour I have another EHS Committee Meeting to go to. Well, not only go to, but actually run. We all know how those tend to play out. Oh, we start out nice enough, but then we start to disagree on an issue and all hell breaks loose! Hopefully we won't discuss anything too controversial today. I don't plan on it, but sometimes things just pop up unexpectedly.

I just looked up the 10-day forecast for Anaheim, CA (where I will be all next week). The high will be between 78 and 82 degrees every day I am there, and it will be sunny! Sunny I tell you! I am a bit nervous about going, but pretty psyched also. I wish I wasn't going to be inside most of the time, but oh well. I'll try to find some time just to sit around outside the convention center each day. I'll pretend to be seriously contemplating the notes I took during the technical sessions. Repetitive motion is bad, you say? Causes musculoskeletal disorders? Hmmm............

2 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Extra Ordinary Boy said…

    I wish you had told me about the horrors of repetitive motion before. My back is totally jacked up. I am on "light duty" now at work...which doesn't exist. Light duty has been redefined as doing the exact same thing as I always do, but with everyone asking me how my back is every 5 minutes.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger flannel04 said…

    Dude, sorry. Beyond trying to avoid repetitive motion, you should also lift with you legs (not your back) and don't lift anything above shoulder height. Also - don't twist when you lift. Turn your feet towards the spot you want to set down your load. I said load :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home