My Life (Or Something Like It)

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Oh My Lord

Ok, ok, so I haven't posted in forever. Our computer at home has a virus, and I've been trying not to post at work. But I had to go ahead and do this very short post just to say that, this morning, I took a pregnancy test that came up POSITIVE!!!!!! I realize that, very rarely, you can get a false positive. And that's easy to believe since I really don't feel pregnant. On the other hand, though, I will take another one tomorrow and make a doctor's appointment. And freak out! Yes, definitely freak out. It will (probably, hopefully) be a long 9 months.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Extra Ordinary Boy said…

    CONGRATULATIONS...(pending further tests, lol)

    At least you will get to be pregnant in the winter...not in the hot hot heat.

    (OK...I just did the math, and July is still hot hot heat...nevermind)

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger flannel04 said…

    Well I took another test and it too was positive. And while one false positive is not unheard of, I would think that 2 false positives would be pretty darn rare. I made a doctor's appointment for October 18th, so they will either confirm it then or stomp on my dreams (I know, very dramatic). And actually, the baby would be due in early June. So still not too hot :o)

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger flannel04 said…

    Update: still seem to be pregnant. No period (now 11 days late). I'm having some other symptoms, although no puking my guts out yet. I also took yet another pregnancy test this morning, which came up positive (hey, I'm hard to convince). Surely 3 wouldn't lie? Anyway, I am trying really hard not to worry, but I've read way too much on miscarriages and how tenuous the first trimester is. Everybody keep their fingers crossed for me (or pray, if that's your thing. I know that's what I've been doing!).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home