My Life (Or Something Like It)

Monday, March 20, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays...

Well it's not rainy, but it's Monday again. Which sort of got me down, but only for a while. My pregnancy newsletter came again (funny how predictable they are)! So here's the latest on my fetus growing:

This is day number 199 and you're 29 weeks pregnant!
You have 81 days or 11 weeks left, and are 72.5% of the way there.
Baby's age since conception is 185 days or 27 weeks. You are due on 6/9/2006.
This is a good time to learn to "power nap" during the day. Practicing how to nap now is a good idea because you will need a nap almost every time you put the baby down in the beginning. Learning to make the most of naps can minimize fatigue and keep you well-rested and feeling great.
Your baby is now about 16.7 inches from head to toe, and weighs about 2.7 pounds. He or she continues to be active and grow; however, you may be feeling fewer kicks and punches. This is because even though your baby is getting larger and stronger, he or she also has less space in which to gain momentum for these movements.


Ha ha hee hee whoo hoo *Wipes tears from eyes* Almost lost it there. Power nap? Who are these people kidding? Somebody (me, me!) works full-time, thank you very much. Bosses frown upon walking by offices and seeing employees snoozing in front of computers. And even if I didn't work, power naps are short right? I actually layed down on Saturday for a little nap. I woke up about 40 minutes later, wiped the drool off my mouth (which I honestly rarely have to do, just pointing out how out cold I was) and proceeded to go back to sleep. I slept for about 1-1.5 hours and would have continued on if hubby hadn't called. Which was good, because by then it was getting time to start dinner. So, yeah. "Power naps" are sort of a foreign concept to me.

I have noticed as my pregnancy progresses that I've been getting a little more tired lately. Which I guess is normal as delivery grows closer. I pee all the time (Matthew likes my bladder - it's his personal teddy bear/trampoline) and have started with the Braxton-Hicks contractions. I actually started having one every couple days or so a few weeks ago, but last Friday I had to have had at least 10. The last 2 Fridays I have felt sort-of crappy, which I guess shows that the weeks are harder on me now than they used to be. My Braxton-Hicks contractions seem to be "normal" in that they are painless and only last 20-30 seconds or so. But they are annoying. If I have one when I haven't been to the bathroom in a while (which would be an hour for me), I get the urge to pee *right now*!. That's usually how I know I'm having a contraction. Although sometimes I just know because of the tightening sensation. Like I said, not painful, but I would say definitely uncomfortable and vaguely unpleasant. But I guess I shouldn't complain. Once I go into labor I'll be wishing for uncomfortable and vaguely unpleasant!

Anyway, enough for now. If I don't post again this week which, let's face it, is pretty likely, I'll have some good stuff to talk about next week. My husband and I are attending an all-day childbirth class at the hospital on Saturday, where we will get a tour of the labor and delivery department and I will be scared sh*tless, no doubt, by a childbirth video. But that's ok. Be prepared, I always say. Well, I don't, but it's still a good motto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home