My Life (Or Something Like It)

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Are We There Yet?

Grrr...those pregnancy weekly people are starting to irritate me. Newsletter was a day late again, but finally I got my weekly dose of pregnancy information. Like I don't go on every website I can find that details pregnancy week-by-week. What can I say? I'm obsessed.

This is day number 235 and you're 34 weeks pregnant!
You have 45 days or 6 weeks left, and are 85.0% of the way there.
Baby's age since conception is 221 days or 32 weeks. You are due on 6/9/2006.
In the next few weeks pay close attention to your body and all the clues it is giving you. Close your eyes during any Braxton-Hicks contractions and notice how the contraction moves in a wave-like motion, usually from top to bottom. Your doctor may have you use a fetal monitor to measure the frequency and strength of your contractions. Depending on the monitor's results, your doctor may discuss the possibility of inducing labor. Some women are put on bedrest at this point to insure they don't go into labor early.
Your baby is tipping the scales at about 5 pounds and is 19.8 inches from head to toe. He or she is running out of room in there and you may now be able to tell whether it is a hand or an elbow pushing against your belly. Have your partner touch your belly and feel your baby's movements; it's a playful and loving way for the two of them to get to know each other.


So, I totally freaked myself out yesterday. I have people ask me when I am due all the time, or how far along I am. But this lady at work yesterday morning goes, "So, how long do you have left?" " 6 1/2 weeks," I replied. And then my brain goes, "6 1/2 weeks? 6 1/2 weeks?!!! Oh my God!!!" Maybe not quite so dramatic, but you get the picture. My due date seems so close when I put it that way. And I want it to be close. I really don't care to be pregnant anymore, and I want to meet my baby. But at the same time, I do not want to go through labor all that badly. And I know how much things are going to change once he's born. Not that I just started thinking about all of this recently, but it's much easier to think about when delivery is months away. Now the time span between now and D-day is being measured in weeks and it's a bit scary! But exciting.

The baby shower that my sisters and mother are throwing me is this Saturday. I've been looking forward to it, even though I think it will probably just be family. Most of my friends live too far away to make the trip - even to see me in all my pregnant glory. Come on, I know that you all would secretly (or not so secretly, knowing my friends) enjoy the fact that I am fat now. That I huff and puff when walking and I waddle and can't reach my feet very well. I really should take some pictures and try to post them on here. For pure entertainment purposes if nothing else :o)

Ok, well better get back to work. I don't know if I'll post again this week or not...I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow. If something exciting happens I might check in. If not I'll be sure to post next week when I get my new newsletter! I'm sure that the suspense will just kill you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home