My Life (Or Something Like It)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

It's About Time!

Damn pregnancy newsletter. I checked and checked yesterday and it never did come. I was really busy earlier this morning at work, so when I finally got a chance to check I was very happy to see it! Withholding my pregnancy newsletter is not a wise idea. I can be very moody these days...

This is day number 228 and you're 33 weeks pregnant!
You have 52 days or 7 weeks left, and are 82.5% of the way there.
Baby's age since conception is 214 days or 31 weeks. You are due on 6/9/2006.
The next ten weeks will probably bring stronger and more frequent Braxton-Hicks contractions. These are absolutely normal but can be somewhat uncomfortable at times. Your body is literally practicing for labor, and they give you a little taste of what it will be like. In addition to the contractions, you may also feel a variety of aches and pains in your lower ribs and pelvis. Pelvic pain is generally felt in the lower back and is caused more by your pelvis expanding in preparation for birth than pressure from the baby. The rib pain is caused by pressure from your baby and uterus. It probably feels like a dull ache and can be felt all the way across the top of your abdomen. Ouch!
Your baby is now 19.4 inches from head to toe and weighs about 4.4 pounds, and you are probably both very aware that it is getting more and more cramped in there. Your baby's adrenal glands have grown and are producing hormones that stimulate you to lactate. Are you thinking about food more in this home-stretch? Seafood can boost the development of your baby's brain, which will develop most during the ninth month. However, the FDA recommends you consume no more than one serving per month of shark and swordfish due to potentially higher levels of methyl mercury found in these fish.


Well, I guess I'm lucky in that I don't have a lot of back pain. Hardly any, really. But pelvic pain? Oh my, yes. My pubic bone feels like it's been hit with a baseball bat. Rolling over in bed can be quite a painful thing, and putting on socks, shoes, etc. is getting really difficult at times. Not only because it hurts, but because I can't reach my darn feet very well! Pregnant stomachs do not give very much...it's not just a fat belly. There is a baby in there, complete with bones. Shoving your belly out of the way is not an option. And also, what's with the newsletter talking about "the next 10 weeks"? If I am pregnant for 10 more weeks the baby would be almost 3 weeks late. Better not happen! I'm hoping for 8 more weeks at the absolute most, preferably 6 or 7 more weeks. But we'll see I guess.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Mine was fine...ate a bunch of junk food and probably gained a massive amount of weight. I'm really starting to feel heavier these days - my feet especially have been noticing that they have to carry around a lot more than they used to! My fingers are swelling quite a bit by the end of the day, and my feet and ankles are starting to get in on the fun, too. But it will all be over soon, right? I keep telling myself that, and looking forward to holding my little guy. It's getting so close now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home