My Life (Or Something Like It)

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

She's Gonna Blow!



Well, I did it. Here is a photo of me in all of my 8 months pregnant glory. Minus the face - it was bedtime and I was very tired! At my doctor's appointment today, I found out that I was 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. For those of you who may not know exactly what that means, dilation is the cervix opening up to allow for the passage of the baby (10cm is completely dilated - that's when you push!). Effacement is the cervix thinning out. Think of the cervix like a turtle neck sweater that you're shoving your head through. It opens up and thins out to accomodate your head. The doctor says that all of this means that I probably will not be going past my due date. Yay! That news did not make me unhappy. Guess that's it for now. Enjoy gawking at my belly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home