My Life (Or Something Like It)

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Still Waiting!

Newsletter was pretty boring this week, but here are the basics:

This is day number 256 and you're 37 weeks pregnant!
You have 24 days or 3 weeks left, and are 92.5% of the way there.
Baby's age since conception is 242 days or 35 weeks. You are due on 6/9/2006.
Are you finding it easier to breathe? If so, your baby has moved downward in preparation for birth. Your baby will "drop" right before you go into labor, easing the pressure on your lungs. However, the trade-off is increased pressure in your pelvic area. Make sure you know the early signs of labor. Most women have plenty of time, but it is not unheard of for the amount of time between labor and delivery to be relatively short. Consider staying close to home so you won't find yourself hours away when labor begins.
Your baby is now considered full term even though the 40-week mark is still 3 weeks away. He or she is probably about 6.5 pounds and measures approximately 21 inches in length, and has developed enough coordination so that he or she can grasp an object with his or her fingers.


Well, on Friday Matthew will be considered officially "full-term." Which means that he should be a completely normal newborn if born after that. Whew! It's so weird how you go from worrying about having a preemie for months, and then all of a sudden you just wish the baby would hurry up and get here already! The switch comes pretty quickly - just in the past couple weeks. And it's only going to get worse, now that I know he's likely to be pretty much ready for birth now. He's just in there, hanging out and getting fatter. Like me!

My doctor's appointment today was pretty boring. They did not check me again for dilation or anything, which I had mixed feelings about. I was glad because it hurts, but I was also irritated because I want to know if I've progressed any further! The doctor said that I would be checked when I go in again next week, though, so we'll see. Everything else is fine - I did have a contraction right on the table, though, when the doctor was poking around my tummy trying to figure out the position of the baby. He was like, "it feels pretty solid, here!" Or something to that effect. He wasn't concerned, though, because it wasn't hurting me and I've told them for the past couple months that I was having Braxton Hicks contractions. It takes a lot to impress these doctors! Well, anyway, I don't really have much else to say. Just hoping that things will start to get interesting soon - I'm just about to give Matthew an eviction notice. Hotel Mom is about to close for the season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home