My Life (Or Something Like It)

Monday, April 10, 2006

I Think Somebody Beat Me...

Because I am so sore! Ok, so it's just from carrying all the groceries up to my second floor apartment last night. How pathetic. My pelvic region is just not enjoying my third trimester. I have never experienced a sore pubic bone before, and it's not pretty. Add the sore hips in with it, and I am definitely starting to waddle. It hurt so bad last night that I was actually using the headboard to help me roll over, and little pants and grunts were coming out like I was doing really heavy exercise or something! I cannot wait until I get my body back.

This is day number 220 and you're 32 weeks pregnant!
You have 60 days or 8 weeks left, and are 80.0% of the way there.
Baby's age since conception is 206 days or 30 weeks. You are due on 6/9/2006.
You may begin to experience several not-so-pleasant symptoms of pregnancy, such as shortness of breath, leg cramps, swelling of your hands and feet (called edema), and back pain. You can relieve some of the discomfort by paying attention to your posture, and by exercising regularly.
As your baby grows, there is less room left for your lungs to expand - this is usually the cause of your shortness of breath. Exercising moderately can keep your body functioning at peak performance and strengthen some of the muscles needed to carry your load properly. Exercising before bed can also help with leg cramps. Try taking a 30 minute walk after dinner to help keep some of these pesky pregnancy symptoms at bay.
Your baby is 18.9 inches long from head to toe and weighs almost 4 pounds. He or she will gain weight more quickly now and will probably double in weight between now and his or her birth. Just like a newborn, your baby sleeps a lot of the time. He or she even experiences rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, the period of sleep when we dream! The decision to breastfeed or bottle-feed is a major point of debate among birth professionals and mothers. Breast milk contains a variety of nutrients that, along with your baby's stem cells, help maintain his or her healthy immune system.


I'm not quite sure that the 18.9 inches is a correct estimate about the baby's length. I was born a week early (at 39 weeks gestation) and was only 18 inches long. Most other things I read say that they baby is probably somewhere around 16 inches from head to toe right now. Although when he really starts moving around in there, I can't believe he still has 2 months left of growing to do. It's starting to hurt!

My doctor's appointment last week went well. I am up another 8 pounds, which is just shocking to me. I've never been one to gain weight quickly, and now I've gained 23 pounds in the last 3 months! My blood pressure is still good, though, and Matthew is fine. They were just going to do another fundal height measurement and listen to his heartbeat, but when I mentioned that sometimes I get a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions, the doctor decided to do a pelvic exam to make sure that the contractions weren't causing me to dilate early. Thankfully everything is still closed up tight in there! Although I wouldn't mind having the baby a bit early, having a 4 pounder isn't really a good thing. And his lungs are just not quite ready yet. During my exam the doctor said that she could feel that he was head down! He could still move, but it's good to know that he has figured out how to get into the right position for delivery. I really, really do not want a C-section.

Ok, well that's about it for the week! Hopefully it will go fast - we get Good Friday off so it's the first short week I've had since last year. And I could use a short week! I get so tired by Friday these days. My husband and I will be traveling down to Indianapolis to spend Easter with his family. Hopefully I won't have to have him pull over at too many McDonalds for potty breaks. Oh, and I almost forgot...tomorrow's my birthday! I haven't gotten that excited about it this year, seeing as how there are more exciting things going on, but I've always enjoyed birthdays. Happy 26th to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home