My Life (Or Something Like It)

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Don't Faint...

...but here's another post. That's 2 in one week! I couldn't not give an update about my doctor's appointment. I mean, come on. I'm obsessed, remember?

Well, everything was "fine." Seems to be the operative word at my appointments these days. My pee test - fine. My weight - fine (even though I gained 8 pounds in 4 weeks for a grand total of 15 so far!). My blood pressure - fine (even though it was 100/80, which is the oddest blood pressure I've ever had). The baby's heartbeat - fine. My measurements - fine. The only interesting thing is that I am now measuring a bit small for my dates. As you may recall, I was measuring large for my dates a few months ago, which caused me to be scheduled for an ultrasound. However, I was assured that being a little small was not a bad thing, because I don't really need an 8 pound baby. Which is true. I am rather small framed and can't help but be a bit concerned about delivering the son of a man who is 6'4'', 300+ pounds and very large framed. I have already had one nightmare about delivering an 11 pound child. Let's just hope that me being a little small means a nice 6 or 7 pound baby. That I think I could handle. Of course, Matthew Lawrence (which is the baby's name, by the way, for those of you who don't know) has 3 more months to grow as big as he wants before his due date. Think small, Matthew, think small (at least until you're born)!

Well, I feel a bit boring lately, as I rarely post and never post about anything other than my baby. So I was going to write about other things in my life - but then I realized that I have become so absolutely absorbed in my pregnancy that there isn't much else going on in my life! I'm working as usual, but there's really nothing to report there. My husband and I are doing fine, but there's really nothing to report there, either. We did get over to Chicago (about 90 miles to our west) last weekend for a nice little vacation. We went to the Field Museum and stayed in a pricey hotel. Kind of a last little break before the baby comes. And before I get too humoungous to want to travel anymore. Ack! See, more baby talk. It's all about the baby. I'll give up here and just end the post now. It's better for everyone :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home