My Life (Or Something Like It)

Monday, March 13, 2006

Monday Again

Another day another dollar. And more information from my weekly pregnancy newsletter (yay!):

This is day number 192 and you're 28 weeks pregnant!
You have 88 days or 12 weeks left, and are 70.0% of the way there.
Baby's age since conception is 178 days or 26 weeks. You are due on 6/9/2006.
Starting next week, you will probably visit your OB more frequently as he or she will be keeping a closer eye on your progress. You still have another 10-12 weeks, but your baby is probably strong enough at this point to survive a premature delivery. "Preemies," as premature babies are lovingly called, are relatively rare thanks to modern obstetrical care.
Your baby weighs approximately 2.4 pounds and is about 10 inches from crown to rump, or a little under 16 inches from head to toe. He or she has been gaining weight steadily during the past 27 weeks as its stem cells develop into organs, blood and immune systems, and bones. However, from this point forward, your baby's weight gain will be due to increasing amounts of body fat. A quick way to predict your baby's birth weight is to average the father's and your birth weights.


Well, that would mean that Matthew is going to weigh approximately 6 pounds, 15 ounces. Perfect! Of course now that I've said that, he will weigh 9 pounds. If that's the case, I may be traumatized and never get pregnant again! :o)

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was pretty good. My boss had a dinner at his house that I went to on Saturday. I get along with him really well so it was a good time. My husband didn't go because he had tickets to some ultimate fighting event. I'll watch it occasionally on TV, but I'd rather not go to an actual fight. I can only imagine the winners in that crowd of spectators! Not the type of environment I feel I need to be in right now. He had a good time, though, so good for him. Now, of course, it's Monday and the weekend is gone again. But at least Monday is almost over! And the weeks are going by so fast that it will be Saturday again before we know it. Hopefully!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home