My Life (Or Something Like It)

Friday, February 11, 2005

I'm Choking - Push my Belly Button!

It's Friday!!! Yes!!!! Ok, got that out of my system.

Right now I am waiting for the Red Cross lady to get done with the training that she is giving at the International Sales Meeting. The Sales Director came into my office last week and asked if I could help set up some safety presentation for today. I told him that I really didn't have anything other than the rather dull powerpoint presentations that I use for hazard communication, lockout/tagout, etc. training. That wasn't what he had in mind, so I called the Red Cross and set up a general first-aid training presentation. She's in there right now, teaching them how to perform the Heimlich Maneuver and stop heavy bleeding. I am a first responder at my company, so I have already been first aid and CPR certified. I'll have to go through the CPR again this summer (you need to get recertified annually), so I'm sitting today's session out. I have to be ready when she's done so I can show her how to get out of the building, though. It's only polite.

My husband asked me yesterday if I just wanted to go out to dinner for Valentine's Day. Our 1st anniversary was on January 10th, so I think he's trying to get out of getting me another romantic (and expensive) gift. I understand that, so dinner is fine. I haven't picked a place yet, though, and the fancy restaurants in town are filling up fast, so I better decide. We'll probably just go to Carraba's, Papa Vino's or Olive Garden. Italian food just seems to be the best for romantic occasions! You certainly don't want to go with Mexican food. Yikes.

Well, time to continue work on my enzyme (what we manufacture) safety program. I'm done with contractor safety. Talk to you all on the flip side!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home