My Life (Or Something Like It)

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I Will Preach On (and On)

I have not posted in a while, mostly because I could not think of anything important to say! Then I realized that I have rarely said anything important on this blog, so I figured I'd check in.

Easter was good. I'm just sorry that the 3 day weekend went by so fast! It's Wednesday evening already, though, so I guess another weekend is only 2 days away. Unfortunately, this one will be of standard length.
It was so beautiful today...got up to about 73 degrees . Tomorrow it's back to the 50s, but it's been wonderful while it lasted!

The news, which I sometimes talk about here because of a lack of other stuff to say, has been depressing as of late. I didn't even know Johnny Cochran was sick! And the Terry Shiavo thing has been quite disheartening. I know that I am in the minority when I say that I wish her feeding tube had been reinserted. Or just not taken out in the first place. I realize that she very well may have said that she didn't want to be kept alive artificially. But is feeding her really keeping her alive artificially? If she can breathe and open her eyes and move around and make noises on her own, what makes her life artificial? We wouldn't stop feeding a profoundly retarded person, or a quadrapeligic because "they wouldn't have wanted to live that way." She may not be conscious and living the life that she and others had wanted for her, but who is to say that God didn't want that for her for some reason? He works in mysterious ways, I've heard. I guess it's just my Catholic upbringing (no death penalty, abortion, euthanasia, etc.) speaking, but I really wish that we would put a little more value on life these days. Not life as in having it and living it on our terms the way we want to live it, but life as in being a gift that is to be cherished and guarded until the One who gave it to us says that it's over.

Well, I've gotten on my soapbox again, so I'll step down. I get rather passionate about some issues...but I suppose I'm just as entitled to my opinion as everybody else!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Extra Ordinary Boy said…

    Oh dear...we disagree on so much. Namely every issue you just blogged about, lol. But, I'll still be your friend...at least we have a list, now, of topics to avoid when in each other's company. ;)

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger flannel04 said…

    I know that we disagree on a lot of stuff, Matt. Same as me and Tiffany! I guess it's the difference between liberal and moderate. And Christian and agnostic! But variety is the spice of life, they say (not sure who they is). I like to have friends with different opinions. Makes things interesting (if not frustruating at times).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home