My Life (Or Something Like It)

Monday, April 11, 2005

The Big Day Is Here!

My Birthday has arrived! I didn't think I would be at all upset about turning 25 and, to tell you the truth, I am not really. Well, just a little. Just because, with each passing year, I have less and less of a right to blame my mistakes on youth. I'm supposed to be an adult now, and it's a bit scary.

Hubby and I had a pretty good weekend. We lost $60 at Harrah's, but it could have been worse. We took $100 to play with. My last $20 went into a video poker machine, and I came out with $40! I could have come out with $55, but my husband said to keep going. Lunatic.
We also had fun in Chicago, though we were only there for a few hours. We walked up and down Navy Pier and took a 60 minute architectural boat tour down the Chicago River. I've been through Chicago many times, but never really paid attention to the 20's style skyscrapers. Some of them are pretty "cool" for lack of a better word. I'll have to start being more observant!

Anyway, I better get going. Some of us girls are going out to lunch for my birthday. My boss said he'd take me out later this week - 2 free meals! Yay! Everybody already did the whole, gather in the break-room and sing happy birthday thing. How embarrassing.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Extra Ordinary Boy said…

    ~Happy Birthday to You~
    ~Happy Birthday to YOU~
    ~Happy Birt -- I can't sing.

    Welcome to 25...we'll do it together. I forgot you guys were gonna be in Chicago this weekend, too. My friend Lynn and I were downtown for a bit on Sunday around Grant/Millenium Park and thought about going to Navy Pier, but it didn't happen. I have always wanted to take that boat tour, but it's always something I will do 'next time i'm up'. (Same with going to instead of just seeing the Sears Tower lol)

    Matt's Tip: Take vacation the week of your birthday...your last day usually sneaks up on people and they forget the whole singing thing...It's lovely.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger flannel04 said…

    I'll have to try that next year...we're going on vacation the week of my husband's birthday this year. We're going to the Grand 'Ol Opry on his actual birthday. Hee haw!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home