My Life (Or Something Like It)

Monday, May 02, 2005

Another Monday

Well, sore boobs or no sore boobs, I'm still not pregnant. Not that Aunt Flo has arrived, mind you, but the test that I gave in and took this morning came out a big fat negative, as usual. I told myself that I wouldn't get disappointed - afterall, we've only been trying for 2 months - but I'm afraid that it put me in a bit of a funk. It's Monday, though, so I guess I would be in one anyway. You know, getting pregnant is harder than I thought it would be. I didn't have nearly enough fun in college.

So, it's back to the old grind today. I have 3 more weeks of straight work, but then I get to go to a conference and exhibition in Anaheim, CA for a week. I'm a bit nervous. I have to fly into O'Hare and change terminals, then I have to fly into LAX and find the shuttle station so that I can be transported to my hotel in Anaheim. And then I get to do it all over again (only in reverse order) 5 days later. I've traveled alone before, but never for so far or so long. It will be interesting. I will know some people there because Purdue University has a booth at the exhibition and a couple of my old professors will be there. I still don't know if it will be better to go it alone or hang out with a couple old guys with PhDs. Probably the latter - I'm not sure how safe the Anaheim area is for a lone female walking to dinner. Maybe I can make some other friends at the Purdue booth, too.

After the conference it's back to work for a couple weeks but then, in June, hubby and I will be going on a vacation to Tennessee. He has a sister that lives in Nashville so we'll be spending a few days there, and then going on to Gatlinburg where we have rented a cabin for a few days. It may not be LA, but at least it's not Indiana (not that I mind Indiana - it's a nice place to live. But sometimes you just need a change in scenery).

Ok, well I better get back to my Workplace Violence Prevention Program. No, it's still not finished. I had it finished, but the Human Resource Administrator had to put her 2 cents in and now I have to rewrite some parts. I like her and everything, but maybe she should have just written it herself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home