My Life (Or Something Like It)

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

My Old Self Again

Ah, the wonders of modern medicine. It's been about a week since I started taking the pills that my doctor prescribed to combat the nausea and vomiting I had been dealing with for over a month. They are little (30mg) capsules filled with a baby blue/green powder. I am supposed to take 2 before I go to bed and one in the morning. I started taking them last Tuesday night, and the next morning I was still throwing up. "Great," I thought. "Not even a prescription is going to help." But I was a bit premature with the pessimism. You see, they have worked. Since last Wednesday I have only thrown up once. And it was more like dry heaving (I know, still TMI). And it was my own fault, because I know better than to let my stomach get completely empty and stay that way for any length of time. The best part is that, for quite a bit of the day now, I feel pretty much normal. Everyone at work says how much better I have been looking lately. They all know I'm pregnant now, because I got tired of trying to hide it! The Human Resource Administrator, who has known about my pregnancy for the last month or so, says that my whole demeanor has changed. And it really has! Anybody who knows me knows that I am a bit of a goofy type of person, but I really hadn't been since about the second week of October. I had been downright serious. And rather grouchy/depressed. Now I am my old self again. I can look at my mini baby bump and smile instead of curse it! And I'm starting to actually take a little bit of enjoyment from being pregnant. Now, I wouldn't go overboard and say it's a great thing. I still don't feel 100%. But sometimes I get up to around 95%, and that's good enough for me! My first trimester is unofficially over after this Friday, therefore greatly reducing my risk (and fear) of miscarriage. Tomorrow evening my husband and I will be traveling the 120 miles or so to my parents' house for Thanskgiving, where and when we will be letting them know that they are about to become grandparents for the very first time. And the Christmas season is almost upon us! Other people may hate that fact, but I happen to Love Christmas with a capital L, so poop on you Scrooges out there. All in all, I'd say that life is pretty good right now. Finally!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home