My Life (Or Something Like It)

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Oh Happy Day!

Ok, first of all, it is not a happy day because I feel good. Oh no, I feel miserable. But praise God, I was given a prescription for some medicine that is supposed to make it all (ok, not all, but a lot) better. Second of all, the good doctor listened for the baby's heartbeat today. At first, all you could hear was my heart thump-thumping away. It was like that for about a minute when, all of a sudden, the doctor goes "choo choo choo choo...you hear that?" And the damndest thing was, I could hear it! And so could my husband. I couldn't believe that we were hearing little Peanut's heartbeat. He/she (I'm convinced it's a girl, but I want to be fair if it's a boy) is roughly an inch and a half long at this point, but it's heart is just choo-chooing away about double the rate of mine. I have to admit, I got teary for a minute. It's a positive thing to hold onto in a world full of negative physical symptoms.

I also found out my blood type today! I never knew it before. I'm A. And Rh-. So they had to send my husband in for blood typing because if he's Rh+ then I will have to have an injection in my 28th week so that if Peanut's blood type is Rh+, nothing bad will happen. It's funny - I'm pregnant so they sent him in for blood testing. How wonderfully fair it seems for a brief moment.

Ok, enough. Just wanted to share my happy thoughts. Don't do that very often anymore. 'Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home