My Life (Or Something Like It)

Monday, November 28, 2005

Everybody Knows

Finally, the secret is out! Pretty much everybody who would be interested in knowing that I am pregnant actually knows. Those few family members and friends who may not know yet will soon, because my mom knows. And she is not shy about sharing! She was so excited to learn that she is going to be a grandmother...didn't mind the "old" connotations associated with the word at all. The woman is a baby freak, and the only thing she seemed to worry about at all was being 2 hours away! I'm just happy that everyone else is happy. I wondered if my husband and I having a child would bring up some uncomfortable topics. Namely religion...my family is very Catholic. I was raised that way and always assumed that I would raise my children that way. Then I met my husband, who is very firm on raising his children in the Church of Christ. I adapted to the idea, but I don't think my parents have. They'll be expecting to go to the baby's baptism, and there won't be one (people in hubby's church don't get baptized until they decide that they want to be baptized). There also won't be first communions, Confirmations, etc. It's difficult to think about, but like I said, I've adapted. I'm sure that my parents will bring it up eventually but, for now, the idea of a baby to love and spoil has taken precedence over anything else. I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I ate like a pig, but oh well. I'm just compensating for the 5 pounds that I have lost over the last month or so! Not that I haven't probably put it back on already...the pants are getting a bit tight these days. Which I suppose is to be expected, as I am now in my 13th week of pregnancy. Only 6 more weeks until they'll do an ultrasound and we can (hopefully) find out for sure if it's a girl or boy. Things are seeming to move along a lot more quickly now that I'm not sick all the time. Before you know it I'll be waking up every 2-3 hours for feedings and changing poopy diapers! I'll be inviting my mom over, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home