My Life (Or Something Like It)

Monday, February 14, 2005

Pop-up Cards are Cool

Know that song "Rainy Days and Mondays" by the Carpenters? Well, today is Monday and it is rainy! Hate it when that happens. I guess it could be worse, though. It could be snowy. I'm actually not in too bad of a mood, because when I got to my office this morning there was a little box of chocolates and a bag of candy hearts waiting for me! Gotta love Valentine's Day.

Actually, I feel a little guilty. I didn't think that my husband and I were going to do gifts this year. Last night when I walked in the bedroom to go to bed, though, there was a card and gift bag sitting by my pillow. He had gotten me a little diamond heart pendant and one of those fancy pop-up cards! I got him a card (not even a pop-up), but nothing else. He doesn't know that yet, though, so I guess I'll have to stop by the store on my way home and get him some chocolate or something. Should I feel like a heel, or is Valentine's Day more for men to buy women gifts? And when he said, "Do you just want to go out to dinner for Valentine's Day?," should I have known better? Maybe next year I'll do better. I've only been married a year, people! I need time!

Well, back to the 'ol grindstone. They say that time goes faster as you get older, and I have noticed that it seems to be true. Especially weekends, damn it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home