My Life (Or Something Like It)

Monday, March 07, 2005

It's Good To Be Normal

Ok, last personal comment in a while (promise!). Know that thing that was so late and I was waiting and waiting for it to show up but it wouldn't? Well it did! On Saturday. So now I can finally quit freaking out for a while.

Something that made me freak out briefly, though, this morning was reading this news article. I would just like to say, "ouch." And ask, "why on earth was your cold water knob so damn sharp in the first place?!" I mean, I could understand falling and getting a pretty bad bruise. But impaled? That's scary.

In other news, I spent the first hour of my work day at our production facility this morning, teaching people proper lifting techniques and leading stretching exercises. There is this guy who works in production that is repeatedly straining his back and getting put on light duty. This, in turn, is upsetting our workers' comp. insurance. They did an audit and asked that we review manual materials handling with our production employees in an attempt to lower the injury rate (which isn't high, but I suppose that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, or whatever the saying is). I have already trained production on manual materials handling and back safety, but I did it again. And went a step further by making the guys stretch before they work each morning and again after lunch. They aren't too happy about it, but that's not the point. If they would stop trying to cut corners by lifting heavy stuff by themselves without using the mechanical assist or asking for help, I guess they'll just have to deal with the consequences. Stretching never hurt anyone.

Well, off to work again. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home