My Life (Or Something Like It)

Friday, March 04, 2005

Some Days I Just Don't Know

Friday! I don't think that I have ever been so tired in my entire life. I'm sure that I'm wrong, but wow. I just wish I was in bed right now.

You know, looking back on my whole medical evaluation yesterday, I'm not entirely sure that I didn't get a raw deal. For example, when I go into a doctor's office saying that I am a sexually active married woman who has not started a period in over 6 weeks and has recieved negative results on 3 urine pregnancy tests, don't you think that they should do a blood test before declaring me not pregnant? It seems reasonable, but they didn't. They just did a urine test and then said "We're sure you're not pregnant." Well, I don't think I am, but how can they tell me that they're sure without a blood test? And, when I told the nurse practitioner that my husband and I were going to start trying to have a baby, she just asked if I was on any vitamins. I said no, and she prescribed me the prenatal vitamins and then asked if I had anymore questions. No attempts to offer guidance or anything. She was friendly, but I guess I was just expecting a little more than "Everything looks fine. You'll get your pap results on a card in the mail in about 2 weeks." I feel cheated!

Also, it turns out that my husband is mad because he feels excluded from this whole process. He asked me if I wanted him to go with me to the doctor yesterday, and I told him that it wouldn't be necessary. If I was going in for an ultrasound or to listen to a baby's heartbeat or something, of course I would want him to go. But I didn't think that it was necessary for him to sit out in the waiting room while I got my exam and took a pee test. And last week when I was taking the pregnancy tests, apparently he was taking offense at the fact that he wasn't invited to be in the bathroom while I read the results. I swear - since when did he start perceiving me as a mindreader? He's about ready to perceive my foot in his ass.

Ok, well the sleepiness is obviously making me grouchy. I better just stop while I'm ahead before I piss anyone else off. I've been doing a lot of that lately! Oh well, we all have our moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home