My Life (Or Something Like It)

Friday, February 18, 2005

Thank Goodness I Quit Smoking

Well, last night we finally bought our new mattress. It is a Simmons Beautyrest that should be delivered on March 1st. I'm looking forward to it because the salesman said that the coils are made in a way that, when one person moves around, the other will barely feel it. Now I will not be woken up when my husband (who is no lightweight) tosses and turns. Unless he throws an elbow.

Today has been a rather unfortunate day for SUVs and their drivers, I'm thinking. On my way to work I drive a few miles down Riverside Drive which, as the name suggests, runs along the St. Joseph River here in South Bend. At one point there is the river to my right, and a pond down a hill on my left. Last night we got a couple inches of lake effect snow (again), so while the roads weren't completely covered, they were slightly slick in spots. Anyway, as I was driving up to the area I mentioned earlier, I noticed a few cars alongside the road on the pond side. As I passed, I happened to glance that way. Somebody had apparently decided that the pond looked particulary lovely with the newfallen snow, and had decided to go take a closer look. I didn't notice a hole in the guardrail, but the SUV had gotten past it somehow! A little further down the road I passed an ambulance going the opposite direction, so hopefully everyone was ok. Also, I read a rather interesting article a few minutes ago about a man driving yet another SUV who had apparently tried to throw his cigarette out the window, but didn't quite make it. It immediately sent the car up in a ball of flames, burning it down to its frame. The man escaped, luckily for him, with only a bit of singed hair. This article was particulary terrifying to me because, back when I used to be a smoker, I had a cigarrette or two come back at me when I tried to throw them out the window. I have a few small holes in the upholstery. See, everybody, cigarrettes are out to kill you by whatever means possible!

Well, back to work, but before I go I have one last thing to say. It's Friday!!! Yes!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home