My Life (Or Something Like It)

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Minor Gripe

No no, nothing exciting has happened, but I decided to check in with my blog today.

Just got back from Applebees. Hubby and I go there every Tuesday for lunch. I have to say, they have the best mozarella sticks that I have ever tasted. The rest of the food is good, too, but why on earth does it take them so long to make oriental chicken salads? Has anyone else noticed this? I wonder if it's just the Applebees in South Bend, or if Applebees everywhere are making people wait 30 minutes for the Oriental Chicken Salad and/or Roll-up. That's your assignment, America (I love America's Funniest Home Videos). Go to Applebees, order an Oriental something-or-other, and report back to me on how long it took to receive your ever-so-festive plate of lettuce, chicken and chow mein noodles. Go ahead! I'll wait.


4 Comments:

  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Extra Ordinary Boy said…

    In my head I am hearing, "You're mission, if you choose to accept it, is.....

    Mission accepted. Luckily there is an Applebee's right in my mall...I will head down there for lunch tomorrow and report back.

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Extra Ordinary Boy said…

    OK...I went to Applebee's today. I looked at their menu before going and realized that I don't like the Oriental blah-blah-blah. BUT!...one of our HR managers does, so I grabbed her cash and off I ran.

    I went in and sat at the bar. (I think it's the only place I could ever sit by myself in a restaurant.) I ordered my food and hers and from the time she started tapping the order in to the time I got our food was somewhere between 15-16 minutes.

    The experiment could be tainted because I ordered grilled chicken (could have taken longer than the salad.) or because I had my name badge on and they figured I was on lunch and rushed the order. (yeah right.)

    So...my conclusion is that the God of Applebee's is out to get you. He is determined to serve you heat-lamped food and wilted greens.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger flannel04 said…

    Thanks, Matt! I know that they didn't rush your order because of the badge because I always wear my name badge in, hoping that they will. Maybe they're slow because we always order mozarella sticks. It could be that they don't start making the actual food until they give you your appetizers (even though we always order our meals at the same time as the appetizer). It's an idea. All I know is that, if I'm in a hurry, I don't order anything with Oriental in the title.

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Extra Ordinary Boy said…

    Maybe if you asked for your meals to come with your appetizers it would work better...or maybe you would just get soggy, 20-minute-old sticks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home