My Life (Or Something Like It)

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Way Too Much Drama

Wow, what a week. On Monday around 3:30pm my husband called me at work. He just asked "Can you come home?" He was crying, which he rarely does, so I was obviously concerned. It turns out that his father had a stroke. So, needless to say, I told the HR Coordinator that I had to leave. She said to take as much time as I needed, so hubby and I drove to Illinois to see his father in the hospital. To make a long story short, he is ok. He did have a stroke, but he got to the hospital very quickly and doesn't seem to have any lasting effects. The paralysis that he initially suffered on his left side is gone. He can talk, walk, eat, etc. - all of those things that we take for granted but are no guarantee after a stroke. He'll hopefully be out of the hospital by this weekend. I only ended up taking Tuesday off of work, which is no biggie. I am lucky enough to work at a place that gives it's employees a pretty good supply of paid personal and vacation days. So, all's well that ends well.

Other than that, not much else is going on. Just working and trying to get everything done that I wanted to do this week (which is definitely not going to happen, since new stuff keeps piling up). I'm pretty tired, but tomorrow night I plan on sleeping for a very long time! It will be the last weekend for a few weeks that I won't have to go anywhere, other than grocery shopping and all that good stuff. So I plan on enjoying it!



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home