My Life (Or Something Like It)

Friday, October 14, 2005

Ah, Sweet Relief (Sort-of)

Well, yesterday afternoon I broke down and read 18 pages worth of morning-sickness remedies that mothers had put on a webpage for other poor souls to read and try. I'm not going to buy Sea-bands, drink ginger tea (I don't like tea, so I don't see how that could help me) or sniff listerine, but I did try a couple different things that have seemed to help today. As soon as I got out of bed this morning, I immediately downed 3 saltines with a bit of peanut butter on them. Granted, I had to just about choke them down due to the already present nausea and it took me almost 10 minutes, but I did it. And I could actually get through my morning without having to lie down more than once or twice. Then, once I got to work, I started sucking on some lemon drops. They worked pretty well, too. The only bad thing is they only worked while I was actually sucking on them, and you can only make them last so long! I think this weekend when I go grocery shopping I'm going to pick up some gingerale. I read that helps, too, and I figure it's worth a shot.

Only 4 days left until my first (and hopefully not last) prenatal appointment! Just thought I'd throw that in there. Everyone have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home