My Life (Or Something Like It)

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Not What I Expected

Well, I guess I shouldn't have been that nervous about my appointment. Basically, they made me pee in a cup, weighed me, took my blood pressure, and then just asked my husband and I a bunch of questions about our family's medical histories. They didn't even ask him to leave the room so that they could determine whether or not I was a victim of domestic violence! I heard that they usually do that at a first prenatal visit. I mean, he doesn't abuse me or anything, but what if he did? They didn't give me any opportunity to let them know! Geesh. I do have a tentative due date now, though. June 9th, 2006.
The "fun" part was when I got to go across the street and get my blood work done. They took 5 vials! That may not be a big deal to some people, but I do not react well to getting blood taken out of me. I almost passed right out. The poor lady who actually drew the blood had to get me a cold towel and some orange juice. Then she said that, the next time I have blood work done, to let them know beforehand that I might pass out. Then they can have me lie down. My bad.
Well, that's it for now, I guess. I'm going back on November 15th (assuming things are still going well) so that I can get a physical exam and maybe hear the baby's heartbeat! I'm very much looking forward to it, but it seems so far away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home