My Life (Or Something Like It)

Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Good Day

The title says it all! Oh, sure, I've had some gaggy moments. But nothing like the last couple of days. I actually took a half-day off yesterday (the first half) because I just couldn't get it together enough to get into work. Between the exhaustion and the dry-heaving, I decided it was best for everyone involved if I went back to bed for a while. But today...no heaving at all (yet)! It has made me ridiculously happy, which is a good thing.

Although we've agreed not to tell the families until Thanksgiving, hubby broke down and told his/our oldest nephew yesterday. He's almost 21 years old, so he'll be able to keep his mouth shut. My husband would really like to tell his parents, but he's respected my wishes so far. It's not that I don't want them to know. I figure if something goes wrong and I end up miscarrying, we'll tell the families anyway. I just think it would be nice to tell everyone in person. And with Thanksgiving coming up in a few weeks, we have the perfect opportunity. This will be my inlaws' 13th (yes, 13th) grandchild, but it will be my parents' first. So I'm pretty excited about telling them.

Well, back to work. Just thought that I had better do a positive post, considering all the negative I keep writing about! Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll feel a lot better all the time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!