My Life (Or Something Like It)

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Mommy and Daddy Won't Quit Yelling

Well, I have nothing much to say today. The EHS Committee meeting actually went very smoothly yesterday. There was no arguing, and we actually got quite a bit accomplished. Yay for us!

I don't get this whole thing about business arguing. My definition of professional behavior does not include accusations and raised voices. Don't people have enough of that in their personal lives? I wasn't even going to mention it again but, as I type, there is a meeting going on outside my office in which there are a bunch of egotistical maniacs (i.e. men) battling it out over something or other. They aren't yelling or anything, but one guy is telling another couple of guys how they screwed something up and have to do it over. Why can't he just say, "Ok, guys, there seems to be a problem here. Why don't you tell me why you did this the way that you did, and then we'll decide if it needs to be fixed." Or something like that. Why does it have to be, "I'm not sure you guys know what you were doing the first time, because this has to be redone." That only makes people defensive, and it's not easy to work with people once you've gotten them all defensive (unless you're Spiffy Tiffy and you're wearing down the witnesses). Anyway, that's all I have to say about this particular subject.

I'm going to drive over to our other facility now (~10 miles away) and check their showers and eyewashes. Then I'm going to drive back here and work on the report that I need to submit to the lab directors about the safety and health inspection that the EHS Committee conducted yesterday. We found some minor safety and health issues, so I'm going to tell the lab folks how they've screwed up and what they need to do to fix it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home